With Qfinder Pro, you can find all the available QNAP NAS devices on your network. You can map a NAS shared folder as a network drive so that you can quickly access and manage files from your Mac device.
To download and install Qfinder Pro for Mac, go to http://www.qnap.com/en/utilities.
- Open Qfinder Pro.
Qfinder Pro displays all QNAP NAS devices connected to the local area network.
- Select the NAS and then click Network Drives.
- Type your NAS user name and password and then click OK.
The Mount Network Drives window appears.
- Select Add mounted folders to "Favorites" in Finder and then click OK.
SMB/CIFS is selected by default. You can select a different protocol from the list..
A confirmation message appears.
- Click Yes.
- Type your Mac user name and password and then click OK.
- Select the shared folder and then click OK.
The shared folder is mapped as a network drive can be accessed using Qfinder Pro.