Let's take a look at how to access your QNAP NAS by SSH both from Windows and OSX.
Before following the below steps, make sure your SSH service is enabled in the QTS Control Panel > Telnet/SSH settings page.
1. Download and run putty.exe from here.
2. Enter the NAS IP address and click Open
3. If a dialog prompt pops up, press Yes
4. Enter admin as the username and type in the password (the password will not display as you type it in)
5. Now you are at the NAS command prompt and can type commands
1. Open Mac OS spotlight search and type terminal
2. Open the Terminal application
3. Type ssh email@example.com where xx.xx.xx.xx is the NAS IP
4. Type yes if prompted
5. Type in the NAS password (it will not display when you type)
6. Now you are at the NAS command prompt and can type commands