Backup Station provides you with a variety of useful backup options. You can back up important files from an external drive to your NAS to prevent data loss.
- Log on to QTS.
The default URL of QTS is http://
:. For example, http://10.10.0.100:8080.
- Connect an external drive to the NAS.
The External Device screen appears.
- Select Use this drive for backup.
If the dialog box does not appear, go to Create a Job.and then click
The Create a Job wizard appears.
- Click Next.
- Specify the external drive, select From external storage to local disk, and then click Next.
- Specify the source and destination folders, click Add, and then click Next.
You can add multiple pairs of source and destination folders.
- Select the replication schedule and then click Next.
All the extra files in the target folder are removed in real-time synchronization jobs, as the target folder mirrors the source folder.
- Optional: Choose to configure backup policies and filters and whether to automatically eject the external drive after the backup job is complete.
- Specify a name for the backup job and then click Next.
- Confirm the job settings and then click Next.
- Click Finish.
The backup job is created. Backup Station copies the selected files from the external drive to the specified NAS folders.