- QNAP Turbo NAS running QTS 4.2 or a higher version
- Surveillance Station 5.1 or a higher version
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7/ 8
- Web Browser: Google Chrome 43.0.2357.130 m (Windows PC), Microsoft Internet Explorer 10/11 (Windows PC, desktop mode, 32-bit), Mozilla Firefox 39.0 (Windows PC)
Note: The feature is not supported on local display and QVR Client for Mac.
As high-megapixel cameras become more mainstream, it not only means clearer and higher-quality videos, but also a larger coverage area for cameras. You can select an area of a camera’s field of view as a virtual camera, and also view physical and virtual cameras from the view management page for easier monitoring.
To add a virtual camera, open Surveillance Station 5.1, go to “Camera Settings” > “Camera Configuration”. Click after adding a physical camera.
Virtual camera settings
You can define the virtual camera’s area and its size by dragging the area on the “Edit Virtual Camera Area” window, or by entering values for its area and size.
Please note: You can add up to 4 virtual cameras for a physical camera without needing an additional channel license.
After adding a virtual camera, you can click to see its information. You can also click to edit the virtual camera settings or to delete it.
Virtual camera’s application
- In the view management page, you can add a virtual camera to a grid.
- In the monitor page, you can drag virtual cameras into any window to monitor it.