Note: The TS-269H does not support this installation method.
Note: If you are using the command-line interface, press Alt+F4 then up and down to return to the installation page.
1. The following must be done before proceeding with HDMI installation:
- Install the hard drives.
- Connect the NAS to the Internet.
- Connect the NAS to an HDMI display.
- Connect a USB keyboard to the NAS.
2. When the Welcome page is displayed, select “Start Smart Installation Guide”.
3. Choose whether to enable the multimedia features or not. This will install common NAS multimedia apps. If you choose “No, skip this process” then you can manually install these apps later.
4. Select the disk configuration (HDMI installation currently only supports creating one pool and one volume):
- Create Static Volume (Single Volume): This volume provides the best performance but without advanced features such as thin provisioning and snapshots. This volume will be created using the selected drives.
- Create Thick Volume (Multi-Volume): This volume allows you to assign a desired volume size from the storage pool with preallocated space and create multiple volumes on the same storage pool without thin provisioning.
- Create Thin Volume (Multi-Volume): This volume has great flexibility and storage efficiency. It allows you to assign a desired volume size from the storage pool without preallocated space and create multiple volumes on the same storage pool.
5. Select the drives to create the storage pool.
- Note: If you choose “Configure later” for every drive, then no volume will be created and you will be unable to install HybridDesk Station later.
6. Select the RAID type to create (in this example we use RAID 5), and configure the volume size.
Please refer to the following link for more information on RAID configurations.
7. Choose whether to encrypt the disk volume and to scan for bad blocks.
8. You can review the installation information and settings on this page.
9. You will need to confirm these settings before installation. Please note that all of the data on the installed hard drives will be deleted.
10. Once finished, you will be prompted to install HybridDesk Station (HD Station), an app for using your NAS with an HDMI display.
11. After installing HD Station, you will see the login page. Now you can connect a USB mouse to the NAS to control HD Station.
12. After logging in you will enter HD Station.
- HDMI installation only installs “Chrome”, “QTS” and “HD Player” applications. You can install other applications from the QTS Control Panel.