Qmusic is an App that allows you to play music stored on your NAS on your iOS, Android, and Windows Phone devices. This article will use the Android version as an example.
- Start using Qmusic
- Play and manage your music collection
- Stream music to multiple devices
- Download and play music
Start using Qmusic
1. Go to “QTS” > “App Center” to check if Music Station is installed and enabled. Your NAS must be using QTS 3.8.1 (or later) and Music Station 3.0 (or later) to use Qmusic.
2. Go to your mobile device's App store to download Qmusic.
3. Start Qmusic, select “Add NAS”, and Qmusic will automatically find all the QNAP NAS in the same network. Choose a NAS you want to access and enter the username and password. Select “Save” to login.
Please note: If you have changed your NAS’ port number (default: 8080), please enter the new port number.
Play and manage your music collection
After logging into your NAS, you will see the Spotlight page. In this page, Qmusic will display randomly-selected albums and artists to let you quickly play music. There are another four items (“Random Song”, “Random List”, “Favorite”, and “Recently Added”) to let you quickly play music.
Select the Qmusic icon in the left-top corner to open the menu. You can browse through your music by selecting “Songs”, “Artist”, “Album” or “Genre”. You can also select “Folders” to find music from shared folders.
To play your music, simply select it to start playing. A mini player will appear at the bottom of Qmusic displaying the currently-playing song's information. Select the mini player to view the “Now Playing” page where you have control over the music timeline, volume, enable/disable shuffling, and repeat. To see the now playing list, select the “list” icon at the top.
Stream music to multiple devices
QTS 4.2.0 supports multi-zone control functions. This allows you to stream your music to multiple devices using Qmusic. For example: Chromecast, Airplay, DLNA, Bluetooth, and more. For more information, please check the Music Station online help.
Select the multi-zone control icon in Qmusic and choose an output device to start streaming music to those devices.
Download and play music
If you have a download limit on your mobile network, then constantly streaming music from your NAS may not be the best option. In this case, you can download music files from the NAS to your mobile device for offline listening.
1. Select “ ” > “Multi-select”.
2. Choose the music to download and select “ ” > “Download”.
3. Go to “Download Folder” in the left menu to play the music you downloaded from the NAS.