Connect the Turbo NAS via ssh (port 22, enabled by default) or telnet (port 13131, disabled by default) and add the command below to Global section of smb.conf under /mnt/HDA_ROOT/.config by vi command.
lanman auth = yes
client lanman auth = yes
Run the following commands to copy settings and restart samba.
# cp /mnt/HDA_ROOT/.config/smb.conf /etc/default_config/
# /etc/init.d/smb.sh restart
- Enter the web administration page and select [Access Right Management] > [Users] > select the users that will use Windows 98 to connect the NAS and click [Change Password].
- Input the password for the Windows 98 users and click OK.
- Login to Windows 98 with the same username/password on the Turbo NAS.
- Users can connect to the NAS through Windows 98 now.
- YOU MUST PERFORM STEP 3 AND STEP 4 TO RECONFIGURE THE PASSWORD EVEN IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE THE PASSWORD.
- You need to repeat step 2 to 4 if you want to create a new user account or change password.
Release date: 2013-04-19
Was it helpful?
100% of people think it helps.