COMPUTEX 2017: QNAP Showcases Live Video Broadcasting, QIoT Technology, Optimized NAS Solutions for Business Storage, Enterprise Storage Center, Multimedia Workflows, and More Compelling New Products
Taipei, Taiwan, May 30, 2017 – At COMPUTEX Taipei 2017, QNAP® Systems, Inc. (at Stand J1217) demonstrated multiple highly-anticipated features that leverage the QNAP NAS private-cloud infrastructure, including the live-streaming platform “DJ2 Live” and the IoT development app “QIoT Suite Lite”, along with a wide range of NAS solutions that help tackle business bottlenecks in storage performance, mission-critical backups, workflow efficiency, media collaboration, and operational management. QNAP also teamed up with ABBYY®, Arduino®, FIBARO®, Mellanox®, Micron®, NAKIVO®, Panasonic®, Seagate®, TOSHIBA®, Ubuntu®, WD®, and XSplit® at COMPUTEX 2017 to showcase joint storage solutions with QNAP NAS.
“As IT environments become increasingly complex and rigorous, demands for security, efficiency, and reliability continue to grow. At COMPUTEX, we addressed our focus on these challenges with solid NAS solutions, and showcased exclusive innovations in networking, IoT, and NAS,” said Meiji Chang, General Manager of QNAP.
Powerful, highly-reliable business storage
QNAP has been pushing advanced features, and now introduces RAID 50/60 to help strike a balance between capacity, protection and performance for high-capacity NAS with full HDD or SSD configurations. For businesses using NAS with over 10 disk bays, RAID 50/60 not only provides greater data protection and random write performance than a single RAID 5/6, but also maximizes usable storage compared to RAID 10.
The intelligent Qtier™, which empowers automated-tiering storage, now supports “On Demand Allocation Priority”, providing customizable flexibility to arrange tiered storage suited for user’s system environments and application demands.
To tackle intensive VDI usage and demanding VMware® virtualization, QNAP leverages Mellanox ConnectX-3 Pro network cards to support iSER (iSCSI Extensions for RDMA). iSER significantly boosts data transfer performance of QNAP NAS as VMware ESXi storage and increases random read/write speeds by up to 60%. “The advent of new data-intensive workloads and applications such as virtualization, business analytics, multimedia streaming, telemetry, and IoT requires faster storage platforms,” said Kevin Deierling, vice president of marketing, Mellanox Technologies. “Faster storage requires faster networks, and we are pleased to work with QNAP to integrate our ConnectX Ethernet adapters in QNAP NAS to achieve the highest network and storage performance, improving scalability and efficiency across a wide range of business-critical workloads.”
QNAP ensures effective business continuity and data security with well-rounded backup and disaster recovery solutions, including RTRR, rsync and cloud storage backup. The block-based snapshot function is enhanced with greater management of dedicated snapshot space and snapshot replication, providing dependable methods for mitigating the growing threat of ransomware. The recently-published QNAP-based NAKIVO VM backup solution is high performance and affordable, supporting VMware, Hyper-V® and AWS® EC2 VM backup and replication with multiple advanced features including global data deduplication and compression, LAN-free data transfer, and more. Users that require uncompromising VM protection can combine the powerful, secure QNAP NAS storage with the easy-to-manage and comprehensive feature set of NAKIVO Backup & Replication.
360-degree and 4K live streaming
DJ2 Live is an exclusive live-streaming platform based on a private cloud that supports up to 4K broadcasts and stores all the videos on the private, secure, high-capacity QNAP NAS. It supports video integration and rich production effects from XSplit, and supports streaming to video services such as YouTube™ and Facebook®. DJ2 Live can also live stream 360-degree footage from drones, surveillance cameras and other compatible 360-degree cameras.
Total 10GbE solutions
QNAP provides a wide range of 10GbE-ready NAS to assist businesses and organizations of all levels upgrading their network infrastructure. QNAP now introduces a 10GbE switch to complete its 10GbE product lineup and to provide a complete 10GbE solution for bandwidth-intensive tasks such as file sharing, backups, video editing and virtualization.
Storage center with enterprise reliability
The integration of dual-controller Enterprise ZFS NAS (ES1640dc v2) and the dual OS (QES or QTS) TES-1885U deliver optimized mission-critical storage solutions for enterprises. While the Enterprise ZFS NAS provides High-Availability VM storage, the TES-1885U executes efficient online VM backup with NAKIVO QPKG (using QTS) or offline VM backup with QNAP SnapSync (using QES). QNAP have also partnered with Panasonic to demonstrate a Blu-ray Disc archive datacenter for longer-term archiving by integrating QNAP NAS with Panasonic’s "freeze-ray" scalable Optical Data Archive System.
Intelligent lifestyles with IoT, surveillance and automation
QIoT Suite Lite enables system integrators to develop small & medium-sized IoT projects with a hands-on, affordable, and private-cloud-based IoT solution. It is suitable for individual developers and hobbyists to build their own IoT projects while also providing advanced IoT use cases such as Fog Computing. It can also work with QVR Pro, the next-generation QNAP video surveillance solution, for customized event-driven recordings. Visitors have the chance to see the joint QNAP and FIBARO solution that demonstrates QNAP NAS as a feature-packed hub for smart home systems.
“IFTTT Agent” capitalizes on Internet-powered workflow automation for QNAP NAS. Users can easily create NAS applets to connect various internet-connected devices/services to create simple-but-powerful cross-app workflows.
Feature-rich productivity-boosting apps
From data storage, management, collaboration, to backup and archiving, QNAP provides well-rounded features and hardware to fully back business workflows, including QRM+ for centralized management of networked Windows®, Linux®, and IPMI-compatible devices; Browser Station for secure and convenient access to private networks; Notes Station for online collaborative editing; Qsirch for full-text file search; Qfiling to automate file archiving; integrated virtualization and container applications, and more.
Spotlight on new products
- TS-x77 series: Advanced 6/8/12-bay business NAS powered by 8-core/16-thread AMD Ryzen™ 7 and 6-core/-12thread, 4-core/8-thread Ryzen™ 5 processors with up to 64GB RAM. It features dual M.2 SATA SSD slots, supports expandable 10GbE/40GbE connectivity, AMD or NVIDIA® graphics card for QTS video & transcoding applications, and is ideal for tiered storage, I/O intensive and virtualization applications.
- TVS-882BR: Powered by a 7th Generation Intel® 14nm Core™ i5/i7 processor, with optical disc drive compatibility that provides an extra method for transferring data to the NAS. By installing a disc writer, users can also directly back up data to discs for an extra layer of data protection. Supported drives include Blu-ray Disc and BDXL/M-disc-compatible disc writers.
- TS-453BT3 Thunderbolt™ 3 NAS: A high-performance NAS powered by an Intel® Celeron® J3455 quad-core 1.5 GHz processor, featuring two Thunderbolt 3 ports, 10GbE 10GBASE-T networking, and dual M.2 SATA SSD slots.
- TS-x31P2/TS-431X2: Affordable quad-core NAS designed for home users and workgroups, powered by a high-performance AnnapurnaLabs AL-314 processor with up to 8GB memory. The TS-431X2 also provides a 10GbE SFP+ port for budget-friendly 10GbE connectivity.
- QM2 M.2 SSD/10GbE adapters: Innovative PCIe cards that add support for dual M.2 SSDs for caching and Qtier™ auto tiering, and 10GbE/5GbE/2.5GbE/1GbE/100MbE RJ45 connectivity (features differ by model) to compatible QNAP NAS. It features M.2 SSD thermal sensors for real-time temperature monitoring, and a quiet cooling module (heatsink and smart fan) to maintain high performance while minimizing overheating risks.
- AfoBot: A robot-like companion device allows for real-time voice and video calls between AfoBot and smartphones. AfoBot supports auto recording, family calendars, multimedia streaming, education, and simple surveillance functions.
The availability of RAID 50/60 and the aforementioned new products will be announced separately. Learn more about QNAP NAS at www.qnap.com.
About QNAP Systems, Inc.
QNAP Systems, Inc., as its brand promise "Quality Network Appliance Provider", aims to deliver comprehensive offerings of cutting edge network attached storage (NAS) and network video recorder (NVR) solutions featured with ease-of-use, robust operation, large storage capacity, and trustworthy reliability. QNAP integrates technologies and designs to bring forth quality products that effectively improve business efficiency on file sharing, virtualization applications, storage management and surveillance in the business environments, as well as enrich entertainment life for home users with the offering of a fun multimedia center experience. Headquartered in Taipei, QNAP delivers its solutions to the global market with nonstop innovation. More information is at www.qnap.com.