QNAP Releases QTS 4.3.3 Beta to Support File Backup from Optical Disc Drives
Taipei, Taiwan, February 24, 2017 - QNAP® Systems, Inc. today announced the latest version of its smart NAS operating system - QTS 4.3.3 Beta - which adds support for backing up files and data directly from compatible USB optical disc drives (including DVD and Blu-ray Disc drives).
After installing QTS 4.3.3, users can connect a compatible USB optical disc drive to their NAS and directly access the contents of inserted discs. The files and data from these discs can then be copied and backed up to the NAS for archiving, centralized management, and easy sharing.
Another recent addition to QTS is Qfiling - an app that automates file organization, making it easy to archive large numbers of files and data. Qfiling can be especially useful when archiving files from multiple DVDs and/or Blu-ray Discs. After using File Station to copy files from the disc to a NAS shared folder, set up Qfiling to use that folder as a source path, and then configure filing conditions and the destination path. Within seconds, the files will be organized based on the settings. With the combination of supporting optical disc drives and Qfiling, QNAP provides a convenient way to directly archive data from optical discs directly into your existing NAS data structure.
Note: QTS 4.3.3 only supports reading data from discs. Discs protected with digital rights management or other copy protection mechanisms are not supported.
Download QTS 4.3.3 Beta from https://www.qnap.com/event/qts-4.3.3/beta/
QTS 4.3.3 Beta is available for the following models:
- 30-bay: TES-3085U
- 24-bay: SS-EC2479U-SAS-RP, TVS-EC2480U-SAS-RP, TS-EC2480U-RP
- 18-bay: SS-EC1879U-SAS-RP, TES-1885U
- 16-bay: TS-1635, TS-EC1679U-SAS-RP, TS-EC1679U-RP, TS-1679U-RP, TVS-EC1680U-SAS-RP, TS-EC1680U-RP, TDS-16489U
- 12-bay: SS-EC1279U-SAS-RP, TS-1269U-RP, TS-1270U-RP, TS-EC1279U-SAS-RP, TS-EC1279U-RP, TS-1279U-RP, TS-1253U-RP, TS-1253U, TVS-EC1280U-SAS-RP, TS-EC1280U-RP, TVS-1271U-RP, TVS-1282, TS-1263U-RP, TS-1263U
- 10-bay: TS-1079 Pro, TVS-EC1080+, TVS-EC1080, TS-EC1080 Pro
- 8-bay: TS-831X, TS-869L, TS-869 Pro, TS-869U-RP, TVS-870, TVS-882, TS-870, TS-870 Pro, TS-870U-RP, TS-879 Pro, TS-EC879U-RP, TS-879U-RP, TS-851, TS-853 Pro, TS-853S Pro (SS-853 Pro), TS-853U-RP, TS-853U, TVS-EC880, TS-EC880 Pro, TS-EC880U-RP, TVS-863+, TVS-863, TVS-871, TVS-871U-RP, TS-853A, TS-863U-RP, TS-863U, TVS-871T
- 6-bay: TS-669L, TS-669 Pro, TVS-670, TVS-682, TS-670, TS-670 Pro, TS-651, TS-653 Pro, TVS-663, TVS-671, TS-653A
- 5-bay: TS-531P, TS-531X, TS-531P(later), TS-563, TS-569L, TS-569 Pro
- 4-bay: IS-400 Pro, TS-412, TS-412U, TS-419P, TS-419U, TS-420, TS-420U, TS-421, TS-421U, TS-431p, TS-431+, TS-431, TS-431U, TS-469L, TS-469 Pro, TS-469U-SP, TS-469U-RP, TVS-470, TS-470, TS-470 Pro, TS-470U-SP, TS-470U-RP, TS-451A, TS-451S, TS-451, TS-451U, TS-453mini, TS-453 Pro, TS-453S Pro (SS-453 Pro), TS-453U-RP, TS-453U, TS-453Bmini, TVS-463, TVS-471, TVS-471U, TVS-471U-RP, TS-451+, IS-453S, TBS-453A, TS-453A, TS-463U-RP, TS-463U
- 2-bay: HS-210, TS-212, TS-219, TS-220, TS-221, TS-231P, TS-231+, TS-231, HS-251, TS-269L, TS-269 Pro, TS-251C, TS-251, TS-251A, TS-253 Pro, HS-251+, TS-251+, TS-253A
- 1-bay: TS-112, TS-119, TS-120, TS-121, TS-131P, TS-131
Please note that the following models DO NOT support reading from USB optical disc drives: TS-x10, TS-x12, TS-x19, TS-x20, TS-x21, TS-x69 series.
About QNAP Systems, Inc.
QNAP Systems, Inc., as its brand promise "Quality Network Appliance Provider", aims to deliver comprehensive offerings of cutting edge network attached storage (NAS) and network video recorder (NVR) solutions featured with ease-of-use, robust operation, large storage capacity, and trustworthy reliability. QNAP integrates technologies and designs to bring forth quality products that effectively improve business efficiency on file sharing, virtualization applications, storage management and surveillance in the business environments, as well as enrich entertainment life for home users with the offering of a fun multimedia center experience. Headquartered in Taipei, QNAP delivers its solutions to the global market with nonstop innovation. More information is at www.qnap.com.