CeBIT 2017: QNAP Shines with QIoT Technology, Thunderbolt™ 3 NAS, Extensive Productivity Apps, and Enterprise Storage & Archiving Solutions
Taipei, Taiwan, March 20, 2017 - At the opening of CeBIT 2017, QNAP® Systems, Inc. (at Stand C63, Hall 2) is “bringing it” to the center stage of Internet of Things, presenting the QIoT solution combined with smart home concepts in terms of surveillance, security, and multimedia applications. Visitors can also expect to see a broad lineup of products and solutions for home users, SMBs, and enterprises, including the reputed Thunderbolt™ 3 NAS, QBoat (QTS IoT Server), NAS with optical disc support, powerful enterprise storage featuring High Availability and Blu-ray Disc data archiving, as well as intelligent service automation and multimedia apps. QNAP also teamed up with ABUS®, Panasonic®, Seagate® and WD® at CeBIT 2017 to showcase joint storage solutions with QNAP NAS.
"QNAP NAS has moved beyond being simple storage, and our development of smarter, more intelligent software combined with high-performance hardware is a testament to how we are evolving and innovating NAS to meet the needs of home, business and enterprise users." said Meiji Chang, General Manager of QNAP.
A smart home empowered by QIoT Suite Lite and multimedia apps
QNAP demonstrates strong, intelligent, Internet-powered integration to empower smart lifestyles with many apps and features. Not only does QVR Pro provide a next-generation QNAP surveillance solution, it also works with QIoT Suite Lite's easy-to-use integrated IoT modules for makers to create customized event-driven recordings. By using the QIVA app, QNAP NAS turns into an IVA server, and users can customize event notifications to devices powered by QIoT Suite Lite. For example, if QIVA detects flames, it signals QIoT Suite Lite to trigger the Buzzer, attached to Arduino Yun, as a fire alarm. Visitors also have the chance to see Fibaro® home automation solutions.
While “Cinema28” enables multi-zone media controls to stream media to every device connected to the NAS through HDMI, Bluetooth®, DLNA®, AirPlay®, and Chromecast™, “DJ2 Live” provides an exclusive live broadcasting platform based on a private cloud that supports up to 4K video live-stream broadcasts while storing all the videos on the private, secure, high-capacity QNAP NAS - all help to provide great potential for versatile lifestyle and business applications.
“IFTTT Agent” allows productive workflow automation for QNAP NAS. Users can easily create NAS applets to connect various internet-connected devices/services to create simple-but-powerful cross-app workflows. QNAP NAS can also become a wireless base station with the installation of a compatible PCIe wireless network card. With the WirelessAP Station app, users can establish wireless connections for laptops and smart devices, enjoying optimum access speeds and an independent, secure wireless connection.
CeBIT also marks the debut of “AfuBot”, a robot-like companion device for NAS management, entertainment and live communication. It allows voice commands for hands-free control of multimedia, and provides “AfuTalk” that enables real-time voice and video calls between AfuBot, QNAP NAS, and Android™ or iOS® devices. Based on Android™ 6, AfuBot is compatible with QNAP apps for basic NAS management, entertainment, and more. It represents a symbol of QNAP’s further innovation and development of solutions for intelligent lifestyles.
A complete high-productivity solution and enterprise storage center
From data storage, management, collaboration, to backup and archiving, QNAP provides well-rounded features and hardware to fully back the business workflows. Users can experience a live demonstration of using File Station to import files, Notes Station for online collaborative editing, Qsirch for full-text file search, QmailAgent and Qcontactz for centrally managing email accounts and contacts, and Qfiling to automate file archiving. Users can also install Findo, a third-party smart search assistant, on a NAS-based Windows® VM to search through emails, personal clouds, and offline files.
The integration of dual-controller Enterprise ZFS NAS (ES1640dc v2) and dual OS (QES or QTS) options system TES-1885U deliver optimized mission-critical storage solutions for enterprises. While Enterprise ZFS NAS performs High Availability VM storage, the TES-1885U executes efficient online (with NAKIVO® VM Backup QPKG) and offline (QNAP SnapSync) VM backup with snapshot-based Remote Replica. QNAP also partners with Panasonic to demonstrate a Blu-ray Disc archive datacenter for longer-term archiving of large-volume data by integrating QNAP NAS with Panasonic’s Optical Disc-Based Data Archive System.
Spotlight on new products
- TVS-1282T3: The first and only Thunderbolt™ 3 NAS on the market that leverages a 7th Generation Intel® 14nm Core™ i5/i7 processor, features four Thunderbolt 3 ports, provides Thunderbolt/NAS/iSCSI SAN triple solution, and is a perfect match for Thunderbolt-equipped Mac® and Windows® users to collaborate on 4K video editing workflows, file storage and high-speed sharing.
- TS-x53B series: Powered by a 14nm Intel® Celeron® J3455 quad-core 1.5GHz processor, the TS-x53B features a USB Type-C QuickAccess port, OLED with touch buttons, integrated speaker, audio input/output ports, and dual 4K HDMI outputs. This model is also the first in its class to provide PCIe expansion - providing a PCIe slot for 10GbE networking, M.2 SSD, and USB 3.1 10Gbps expansion, offering a compelling choice in big features.
- QM2 M.2 SSD/10GbE adapters: Innovative PCIe cards that add support for dual M.2 SSDs for caching and Qtier™ auto tiering, and 10GbE/5GbE/2.5GbE/1GbE/100MbE RJ45 connectivity (features differ by model) to compatible QNAP NAS. It features M.2 SSD thermal sensors for real-time temperature monitoring, and a quiet cooling module (heatsink and smart fan) to maintain high performance while minimizing overheating risks.
- TS-1685: A robust, enterprise-class Xeon D Super NAS features twelve 3.5" bays for storage and four 2.5" bays for SSDs. Six SATA 6Gb/s M.2 slots and QNAP Qtier Technology provide SSD caching for around-the-clock acceleration. Three PCIe slots provide users with total flexibility for meeting the needs of demanding applications by installing 10/40 GbE adapters, graphics cards, PCIe NVMe SSD, and USB 3.1 cards.
- TVS-882BR: Powered by a 7th Generation Intel® 14nm Core™ i3/i5/i7 processor, with optical disc drive compatibility that provides an extra method for transferring data to the NAS for more convenient access and sharing. By installing a disc writer, users can also directly back up data to discs for an extra layer of data protection. Supported drives include Blu-ray Disc and BDXL/M-disc-compatible disc writers.
- QBoat: QTS IoT Server powered by the Intel® AnyWAN™ SoC GRX750 that helps connect and manage IoT devices and applications to provide a handy solution for realizing the great potential industrial applications of IoT.
The availability of QVR Pro, QIoT Suite Lite, QIVA, Cinema28, DJ2 Live, AfuBot, and the aforementioned new products will be announced separately. Learn more about QNAP NAS and their wide range of features at www.qnap.com.
About QNAP Systems, Inc.
QNAP Systems, Inc., as its brand promise "Quality Network Appliance Provider", aims to deliver comprehensive offerings of cutting edge network attached storage (NAS) and network video recorder (NVR) solutions featured with ease-of-use, robust operation, large storage capacity, and trustworthy reliability. QNAP integrates technologies and designs to bring forth quality products that effectively improve business efficiency on file sharing, virtualization applications, storage management and surveillance in the business environments, as well as enrich entertainment life for home users with the offering of a fun multimedia center experience. Headquartered in Taipei, QNAP delivers its solutions to the global market with nonstop innovation. More information is at www.qnap.com.