QNAP Officially Releases QTS 4.3.3 to Empower Business and Home Life with Intelligent, Efficient, and Automated Services
Taipei, Taiwan, April 18, 2017 – QNAP® Systems, Inc. today announced the official release of QTS 4.3.3 – the smart NAS operating system that empowers users to achieve more in their business and home life. Along with a streamlined user interface, QTS 4.3.3 provides greater “intelligence” to NAS operations and applications.
“QTS 4.3.3 was designed around the concept of ‘intelligence’ and adds numerous competitive features to realize intelligent and efficient functionality,” said Dylan Lin, Product Manager of QNAP, adding “Since the QTS 4.3 Beta release, our development team has constantly refined the usability and functionality of QTS to better fit the needs of users.”
Key new apps and features in QTS 4.3.3:
- Visual and insightful resource monitoring: The re-engineered Resource Monitor features useful graphs and additional metrics to provide better functionality for analyzing and managing resource utilization and storage performance.
- Intelligent Qtier™ 2.0: Featuring an intelligent optimization engine, Qtier now learns from NAS usage, analyzing system performance and peak usage hours to determine the best time and optimum transfer speeds for auto tiering.
- Maximized network accessibility with Network & Virtual Switch: Network & Virtual Switch allows NAS, virtual machines and containers to share the same LAN port. It also supports the T2E (Thunderbolt™ to Ethernet) Converter and the Thunderbolt virtual switch NAT service that allows Thunderbolt devices to access network resources via QNAP Thunderbolt NAS.
- Time Machine backup over SMB: QTS 4.3.3 supports seamless functionality with macOS Sierra, including SMB network file sharing protocols for extensive backup scenarios.
- exFAT compatibility: Users can purchase a license that provides exFAT compatibility for directly accessing and editing files stored on exFAT-based storage using QNAP NAS, creating a seamless workflow for online media editing.
- Qfiling for automatic file organization: Qfiling automates file organization - simply determine filing conditions, set a schedule, and files will be organized and archived based on your settings.
- File Station adds remote connections: Users can directly browse and transfer files from their QNAP NAS to public cloud services, and mount shared folders from a remote NAS to a local NAS using FTP and CIFS/SMB. QTS 4.3.3 supports Google Drive™, Dropbox®, Microsoft® OneDrive®, Box®, Yandex® Disk, Amazon® Drive, Microsoft® OneDrive® for Business, and HiDrive®.
- Backup from USB/SATA optical disc drives: Users can connect a compatible USB/SATA optical disc drive to their NAS and directly access/copy the contents of inserted discs to a NAS shared folder using File Station.
- Refined multimedia experience: All of the multimedia-focused apps have a revamped user interface; Music Station has a new Spotlight mode and supports smart playlists; Video Station allows for tagging scenes, switching audio tracks, and downloading supplementary data from online databases such as TMDb. QTS 4.3.3 also provides multi-zone multimedia controls for multimedia apps. Download Station now features an integrated BT search engine.
- More productivity apps and utilities: QmailAgent allows for centrally managing multiple email accounts and IMAP servers; Qcontactz helps to centrally manage a growing contacts list from multiple devices and platforms; Qsync is enhanced with a new team folder structure and auto-recovery functionality that greatly improves stability and synchronization speed; IFTTT Agent allows productive workflow automation for QNAP NAS; QTS Help Center facilitates customer support and provides an optional remote connection service for QNAP engineers to resolve NAS issues via secure 256-bit SSL encrypted connections. More useful apps and utilities are available from the QTS App Center.
Learn more about QTS 4.3.3 and its features at https://www.qnap.com/qts/4.3/en/index.php
Please note: Features are subject to change and may not be available for all QNAP NAS models.
Availability & Compatibility
QTS 4.3.3 is now available for the following QNAP NAS models:
- 30-bay: TES-3085U
- 24-bay: SS-EC2479U-SAS-RP, TVS-EC2480U-SAS-RP, TS-EC2480U-RP
- 18-bay: SS-EC1879U-SAS-RP, TES-1885U
- 16-bay: TS-EC1679U-SAS-RP, TS-EC1679U-RP, TS-1679U-RP, TVS-EC1680U-SAS-RP, TS-EC1680U-RP, TDS-16489U, TS-1635, TS-1685
- 15-bay: TVS-EC1580MU-SAS-RP
- 12-bay: SS-EC1279U-SAS-RP, TS-1269U-RP, TS-1270U-RP, TS-EC1279U-SAS-RP, TS-EC1279U-RP, TS-1279U-RP, TS-1253U-RP, TS-1253U, TVS-EC1280U-SAS-RP, TS-EC1280U-RP, TVS-1271U-RP, TVS-1282, TS-1263U-RP, TS-1263U, TS-1231XU, TS-1231XU-RP, TVS-1282T2, TVS-1282T3
- 10-bay: TS-1079 Pro, TVS-EC1080+, TVS-EC1080, TS-EC1080 Pro
- 8-bay: TS-869L, TS-869 Pro, TS-869U-RP, TVS-870, TVS-882, TS-870, TS-870 Pro, TS-870U-RP, TS-879 Pro, TS-EC879U-RP, TS-879U-RP, TS-851, TS-853 Pro, TS-853S Pro (SS-853 Pro), TS-853U-RP, TS-853U, TVS-EC880, TS-EC880 Pro, TS-EC880U-RP, TVS-863+, TVS-863, TVS-871, TVS-871U-RP, TS-853A, TS-863U-RP, TS-863U, TVS-871T, TS-831X, TS-831XU, TS-831XU-RP, TVS-882T2, TVS-882ST2, TVS-882ST3, TVS-873
- 6-bay: TS-669L, TS-669 Pro, TVS-670, TVS-682, TS-670, TS-670 Pro, TS-651, TS-653 Pro, TVS-663, TVS-671, TS-653A, TVS-673, TVS-682T2
- 5-bay: TS-563, TS-569L, TS-569 Pro, TS-531P, TS-531X
- 4-bay: IS-400 Pro, TS-469L, TS-469 Pro, TS-469U-SP, TS-469U-RP, TVS-470, TS-470, TS-470 Pro, TS-470U-SP, TS-470U-RP, TS-451A, TS-451S, TS-451, TS-451U, TS-453mini, TS-453 Pro, TS-453S Pro (SS-453 Pro), TS-453U-RP, TS-453U, TVS-463, TVS-471, TVS-471U, TVS-471U-RP, TS-451+, IS-453S, TBS-453A, TS-453A, TS-463U-RP, TS-463U, TS-412, TS-412U, TS-419P, TS-419P+, TS-419P II, TS-419U, TS-419U+, TS-419U II, TS-420, TS-420-D, TS-420U, TS-421, TS-421U, TS-431, TS-431X, TS-431+, TS-431P, TS-431U, TS-431XU, TS-431XU-RP, TS-453Bmini, TVS-473
- 2-bay: HS-251, TS-269L, TS-269 Pro, TS-251C, TS-251, TS-251A, TS-253 Pro, HS-251+, TS-251+, TS-253A, HS-210, HS-210-D, HS-210-Onkyo, TS-219, TS-219P, TS-219P+, TS-219P II, TS-212, TS-212P, TS-212E, TS-220, TS-221, TS-231, TS-231+, TS-231P
- 1-bay: TS-112, TS-112P, TS-119, TS-119P+, TS-119P II, TS-120, TS-121, TS-131, TS-131P
About QNAP Systems, Inc.
QNAP Systems, Inc., as its brand promise "Quality Network Appliance Provider", aims to deliver comprehensive offerings of cutting edge network attached storage (NAS) and network video recorder (NVR) solutions featured with ease-of-use, robust operation, large storage capacity, and trustworthy reliability. QNAP integrates technologies and designs to bring forth quality products that effectively improve business efficiency on file sharing, virtualization applications, storage management and surveillance in the business environments, as well as enrich entertainment life for home users with the offering of a fun multimedia center experience. Headquartered in Taipei, QNAP delivers its solutions to the global market with nonstop innovation. More information is at www.qnap.com.