QNAP Releases QTS 4.3.4 Beta for x86-based NAS with Brand-new Storage & Snapshots Manager, Total Solution for File Management, GPU Empowerment, and Much More
Taipei, Taiwan, November 3, 2017 – Following the release of the QTS 4.3.4 beta for ARM-based NAS, QNAP® Systems, Inc. today released the QTS 4.3.4 beta for x86-based NAS and additional ARM-based NAS models with an industry-leading, feature-packed update.
The most eye-catching advantage of QTS 4.3.4 is reducing the memory requirements for snapshots to 1GB RAM. With many more improvements and refinements, QTS 4.3.4 helps deliver an all-inclusive storage solution for optimized system performance, data management, synchronization, backup, archiving, and multimedia applications to enable users to achieve more in their business and home life.
QTS 4.3.4 streamlines and improves management of NAS storage and snapshots. Watch the presentation video to learn more:
Key new apps and features in QTS 4.3.4:
- Brand-new Storage & Snapshots Manager: Emphasizes the parallel importance of storage management and snapshot protection with a more comprehensive and intuitive UI design. Volume and LUN types are easily identified; all the snapshot versions and the time of your latest snapshots are precisely recorded. Learn more
- Snapshots for ARM-based NAS: Block-based snapshots provide a fast and easy data backup and recovery solution to protect from data loss and potential malware attacks. QNAP’s ARM-based NAS now feature higher cost-efficiency. Learn more Watch presentation video
- Snapshot Shared Folder: Contains only one shared folder on a single volume to reduce the time of recovering single folders to within a few seconds. Learn more
- Global SSD acceleration technology: Shares a single SSD volume/RAID with all volumes/iSCSI LUNs for a read-only or read-write cache to flexibly balance efficiency and capacity needs. Learn more Watch presentation video
- RAID 50/60: Helps strike a balance between capacity, protection and performance for high-capacity NAS with over 6 disk bays. Learn more Watch presentation video
- Intelligent Qtier™ 2.0 auto-tiering: Qtier can be configured at any time; adds IO Aware capabilities for SSD tiered storage to keep a cache-like reserved space to handle burst I/O in real time. Learn more Watch presentation video
- File Station supports USB direct access to mobile devices: Connect mobile devices to the NAS to start storing, managing, and sharing mobile media in File Station. The content of snapshots can also be directly browsed in File Station. Learn more
- Total solution for managing digital files: OCR Converter extracts text from images; Qsync enables cross-device file sync for optimal teamwork; Qsirch facilitates full-text file search; and Qfiling automates file organization. From data storage, management, digitalization, sync, search and archiving, QNAP empowers value-added file management workflows. Learn more Watch presentation video for Qsync
- GPU-accelerated computing with PCIe graphics cards: Graphics cards help improve the image processing efficiency of QTS; users can leverage the HDMI port on the graphics card for displaying HD Station or Linux Station; GPU Passthrough strengthens the abilities of virtual machines in Virtualization Station. Learn more
- Hybrid Backup Sync official release: Consolidates backup, restoration and synchronization, making transferring data to local, remote and cloud storage spaces much easier. Learn more Watch presentation video
- Qboost: A NAS optimization tool that helps monitor memory resources, free up system resources, and schedule applications to boost productivity. Learn more Watch presentation video
- 360-degree photos and videos support: File Station, Photo Station and Video Station supports displaying 360-degree photos and videos; Qfile, Qphoto and Qvideo also support 360-degree format viewing. Learn more Watch presentation video
- Media streaming to VLC Player: Users can install QVHelper on their computer to stream multimedia files from a QNAP NAS to VLC player. Learn more
- Cinema28 multi-zone multimedia control: Centrally manage media files on the NAS for streaming to connected devices via HDMI, USB, Bluetooth®, DLNA®, Apple TV®, Chromecast™, and more. Learn more Watch presentation video
- IoT on a private cloud: QButton customizes the actions of buttons on the QNAP remote control (RM-IR004) for playing music playlists, viewing a surveillance channel, or restarting/powering-off the NAS. QIoT Suite Lite provides practical IoT development modules to accelerate implementation and stores IoT data on QNAP NAS. IFTTT Agent allows for creating NAS applets to connect various internet-connected devices/services for simple-but-powerful cross-app workflows. Learn more Watch presentation video for QButton Watch presentation video for QIoT Suite Lite
Learn more about QTS 4.3.4 and its features at https://www.qnap.com/qts/4.3.4/tr-tr/
Please note: Features are subject to change and may not be available for all QNAP NAS models.
Availability & Compatibility
The QTS 4.3.4 beta is now available from the Download Center for the following NAS models:
- 30-bay: TES-3085U
- 24-bay: SS-EC2479U-SAS-RP, TVS-EC2480U-SAS-RP, TS-EC2480U-RP
- 18-bay: SS-EC1879U-SAS-RP, TES-1885U
- 16-bay: TS-EC1679U-SAS-RP, TS-EC1679U-RP, TS-1679U-RP, TVS-EC1680U-SAS-RP, TS-EC1680U-RP, TDS-16489U, TS-1635, TS-1685, TS-1673U-RP, TS-1673U
- 15-bay: TVS-EC1580MU-SAS-RP, TVS-1582TU
- 12-bay: SS-EC1279U-SAS-RP, TS-1269U-RP, TS-1270U-RP, TS-EC1279U-SAS-RP, TS-EC1279U-RP, TS-1279U-RP, TS-1253U-RP, TS-1253U, TS-1231XU, TS-1231XU-RP, TVS-EC1280U-SAS-RP, TS-EC1280U-RP, TVS-1271U-RP, TVS-1282, TS-1263U-RP, TS-1263U, TVS-1282T2, TVS-1282T3, TS-1253BU-RP, TS-1253BU, TS-1273U, TS-1273U-RP, TS-1277
- 10-bay: TS-1079 Pro, TVS-EC1080+, TVS-EC1080, TS-EC1080 Pro
- 8-bay: TS-869L, TS-869 Pro, TS-869U-RP, TVS-870, TVS-882, TS-870, TS-870 Pro, TS-870U-RP, TS-879 Pro, TS-EC879U-RP, TS-879U-RP, TS-851, TS-853 Pro, TS-853S Pro (SS-853 Pro), TS-853U-RP, TS-853U, TVS-EC880, TS-EC880 Pro, TS-EC880U-RP, TVS-863+, TVS-863, TVS-871, TVS-871U-RP, TS-853A, TS-863U-RP, TS-863U, TVS-871T, TS-831X, TS-831XU, TS-831XU-RP, TVS-882T2, TVS-882ST2, TVS-882ST3, TVS-873, TS-853BU-RP, TS-853BU, TVS-882BRT3, TVS-882BR, TS-873U-RP, TS-873U, TS-877
- 6-bay: TS-669L, TS-669 Pro, TVS-670, TVS-682, TS-670, TS-670 Pro, TS-651, TS-653 Pro, TVS-663, TVS-671, TS-653A, TVS-673, TVS-682T2, TS-653B, TS-677
- 5-bay: TS-531P, TS-563, TS-569L, TS-569 Pro, TS-531X
- 4-bay: IS-400 Pro, TS-469L, TS-469 Pro, TS-469U-SP, TS-469U-RP, TVS-470, TS-470, TS-470 Pro, TS-470U-SP, TS-470U-RP, TS-451A, TS-451S, TS-451, TS-451U, TS-453mini, TS-453 Pro, TS-453S Pro (SS-453 Pro), TS-453U-RP, TS-453U, TVS-463, TVS-471, TVS-471U, TVS-471U-RP, TS-451+, IS-453S, TBS-453A, TS-453A, TS-463U-RP, TS-463U, TS-431, TS-431+, TS-431P, TS-431X, TS-431XU, TS-431XU-RP, TS-431XeU, TS-431U, TS-453BT3, TS-453Bmini, TVS-473, TS-453B, TS-453BU-RP, TS-453BU, TS-431X2, TS-431P2
- 2-bay: HS-251, TS-269L, TS-269 Pro, TS-251C, TS-251, TS-251A, TS-253 Pro, HS-251+, TS-251+, TS-253A, TS-231, TS-231+, TS-231P, TS-253B, TS-231P2, TS-228*
- 1-bay: TS-131, TS-131P, TS-128*
*TS-128 and TS-228 will be supported on Nov. 6th.
About QNAP Systems, Inc.
QNAP Systems, Inc., as its brand promise "Quality Network Appliance Provider", aims to deliver comprehensive offerings of cutting edge network attached storage (NAS) and network video recorder (NVR) solutions featured with ease-of-use, robust operation, large storage capacity, and trustworthy reliability. QNAP integrates technologies and designs to bring forth quality products that effectively improve business efficiency on file sharing, virtualization applications, storage management and surveillance in the business environments, as well as enrich entertainment life for home users with the offering of a fun multimedia center experience. Headquartered in Taipei, QNAP delivers its solutions to the global market with nonstop innovation. More information is at www.qnap.com.