Make sure your Turbo NAS and the PC are connected to the network correctly.
If you are using Windows XP SP1, please do the following:
- Go to [Control Panel] > [Network and Internet Connections] in the Category view or go to [Network Settings] > [Control Panel] in the Classic view.
- Click [Network Connections] and double click the icon for your network connection.
- Click [Properties] and select [Advanced] tab.
- Uncheck the option [Internet Connection Firewall].
- Install the Finder and try again.
If you are using Windows XP SP2, click “Unblock” when the Windows Firewall dialog appears to run the Finder.
Windows 7 users can click “Allow access” to unblock the Finder from Windows Firewall.
If the problem persists, check if other anti-virus programs or firewalls are running; disable them and run the Finder again.
If you still cannot access your Turbo NAS by the Finder or by entering the NAS IP in the web browser directly, please do the following:
- Check your LAN cable connection and see if the LAN LED is flashing.
- Check if the Status LED (same as the Power LED for some models) glows green. If the Status/Power LED flashes red or red and green alternatively, the Turbo NAS is not initialized or the hard drive(s) are not ready.
Reset the Turbo NAS by pressing the reset button for 3–4 seconds. This will clear the administrator password and network settings (DHCP will be used and the default user name and password is: admin/admin).
After two beeps on the system startup, run the Finder again to find your Turbo NAS or open a web browser and enter http://NAS_IP:8080. (If your Turbo NAS is connected to your PC directly, the Turbo NAS IP is 169.254.100.100:8080).
If you still cannot access the Turbo NAS after step 3, please do the following:
- Turn off the Turbo NAS.
- Take out all the hard disk drives.
- Restart the Turbo NAS.
You will hear a beep after pressing the power button, followed by 2 beeps 2 minutes later. If you cannot hear the two beeps, the Turbo NAS may be defective. Please contact your local reseller or distributor for repair or replacement service.