QNAP Showcases its Next Generation NAS - TS-x51 for Home & SOHO at COMPUTEX 2014, Redefining the Concept of NAS Devices
Taipei, Taiwan, June 4, 2014 – QNAP, Inc. gave a preview of its next generation NAS designed for both SOHO and home entertainment aficionados, the TS-x51 along with an industry-first private cloud computing capability feature at COMPUTEX 2014.
The QNAP TS-x51 features a potent Intel® Celeron® dual-core processor and comes standard with the latest QTS 4.1 operating system. The TS-x51 packs a powerful storage backup along with swift streaming capability with bothon-the-fly and offline transcoding.
- Dual-core Intel® 2.41GHz CPU and 1GB DDR3L RAM deliver up to 220MB/s read & write speed.
- On-the-fly and offline Full HD video transcoding.
- Built-in virtual machines technology.
- Up to 7.1 channel audio pass-through and high-quality multimedia playback with HD Station via HDMI along with integrated Plex v12 media player.
- Personal cloud for creating a multimedia library with DLNA, AirPlay, and Plex support
- Centralized storage for file sharing and backup
- Economical, scalable design to add additional 5 or 8 hard drives with QNAP expansion enclosures UX-500P or UX-800P
- Support IEEE 802.11ac WIFI USB dongle - extremely fast wireless transfer speed
- Tons of Apps available in QNAP NAS App Center e free, easy-to-installserver applications for your smart NAS
The Private Cloud Evolution
QNAP is the world's first NAS solution provider which realizes both Cloud Storage and Virtual Computing on its NAS devices. With the introduction of the Virtualization Station, an industry first, QNAP users now not onlycan have their own private cloud storage but also have the ability to set up and run their own virtual servers on the NAS. On the QNAP private cloud platform, you can easily host different virtual machines on the NAS for your home or a small business.
- Create and manage multiple virtual machines on your Turbo NAS
- Secure, economic solution to cloud virtualization services
- Run Linux or Windows OS on your NAS
- Supports Bitnami App store & VMWare Marketplace
COMPUTEX 2014 is presently taking place in Taipei, Taiwan from June 3-7, 2014. We welcome visitors to visit QNAP at Taipei World Trade Center Nangang Exhibition Hall, Stand J1118.
For more information, please refer to http://goo.gl/m4sEHT
QNAP, Inc., as its brand promise "Quality Network Appliance Provider", aims to deliver comprehensive offerings of cutting edge network attached storage (NAS) and network video recorder (NVR) solutions featured with ease-of-use, robust operation, large storage capacity, and trustworthy reliability. QNAP integrates technologies and designs to bring forth quality products that effectively improve business efficiency on file sharing, virtualization applications, storage management and surveillance in the business environments, as well as enrich entertainment life for home users with the offering of a fun multimedia center experience. Headquartered in Taipei, QNAP delivers its solutions to the global market with nonstop innovation and passion.