The administrator's account for QTS is “admin” by default. Having a generic and easily-guessable name for a system-critical account is not recommended for security purposes, as it leaves a potential hacker with just the correct password to guess before they have full control over your system. To safeguard you against this scenario, we strongly recommend that you create another system administrator account and then disable the default "admin" account. To carry out this operation, please follow the below steps:
Please note: The "admin" account cannot be disabled if you want to access the Turbo NAS via SSH or Telnet. Also, the option to disable the "admin" account is only available on QTS 4.1.2 or above versions.
1. Create a new administrator account
- Log in to QTS with the "admin" account.
- Go to Control Panel > Users.
- Create a user (in this example: "Ben") and assign it to the "administrators" user group.
2. Disable the "admin" account
- Log in to QTS as Ben.
- Go to Control Panel > Users and edit the "admin" account profile.
- Tick the “Disable this account” option and select "OK".
Please note: Only local NAS users can disable user accounts.