Cloud services may have some limitations that differ between them. Files that meet these limitations will not be uploaded to them. Please refer to the following information for each cloud service. This information is intended as a quick overview and cloud services may change their policies at any time. For more information relating to your cloud service, please contact the service provider.
- The names of files and folders cannot exceed 255 characters.
Dropbox does not allow the characters / \ < > : " | ? * in the path name, and the following files cannot be uploaded to Dropbox:
- System files: desktop.ini, thumbs.db, .ds_store, icon, .dropbox, .dropbox.attr
- Filenames beginning with “~$" or " .~”.
- Filenames beginning with “~” and ending with “.tmp".
- Files or folders that include trailing spaces.
- Both the Dropbox cloud web console and client app are case sensitive and do not support having identical filenames with different capitalization.
- The size of individual files cannot exceed 5TB.
- Both the Google Drive web console and Android app supports capital and lowercase filenames, but the client app for OS X and iOS does not.
- Filenames and folder names cannot exceed 256 bytes. The length of full path must also be less than 430 bytes.
- OneDrive does not allow the characters / \ * < > ? : | in the path name. Filenames cannot contain leading spaces, trailing spaces or end with '.'. In addition, folder names cannot end with a period (.)
- The size of individual files cannot exceed 10GB.
- Both OneDrive web console and client app are case sensitive and do not support having identical filenames with different capitalization.
- The length of the full path cannot exceed 1024 bytes.
- hubiC allows the use of all legal Unicode characters in filenames and folder names.
- The size of individual files cannot exceed 5000GB.
OneDrive for Business
- Folder name and file name combinations cannot exceed 250 characters.
- OneDrive for Business does not allow these invalid characters \ / : * ? " < > | # %. Additionally, a file or folder name that begins with a tilde (~) is not supported.
The following are illegal filenames:
*_files, *_Dateien, *_fichiers, *_bestanden, *_file, *_archivos, *_tiedostot, *_pliki, *_soubory, *_elemei, *_ficheiros, *_arquivo, *_dosyalar, *_datoteke, *_fitxers, *_failid, *_fails, *_bylos, *_fajlovi, *_fitxategiak, *_private
- You cannot upload files that have a .tmp or .ds_store extension, and you cannot upload desktop.ini, thumbs.db, or ehthumbs.db files.
- The size of individual files cannot exceed 2GB.
- You can sync up to 20,000 total items across all synchronized libraries. This includes folders and files.