The Download (4.2) Station is a web-based tool for users to subscribe to RSS feeds and download files from the Internet using BT, PT, Magnet Link, HTTP/HTTPS, FTP/FTPS, FlashGet, Thunder and QQDL. With the BT Search function, users can easily find BT files to download and make their QNAP NAS a 24/7 download center.
Important: The Download Station is provided for downloading authorized files only. Downloading or distributing unauthorized materials is against the law and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. Users should be aware of copyright restrictions and will be held responsible for the consequences of their actions.
What is BT?
BT is one of the most common ways for transferring large files through peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing. A BT file containing the metadata and the tracker of the original files is required for the Download Station to connect to other users and to download files.
What is a Magnet link?
Magnet links are URL download links, which mainly refers to resources, such as BT files, that are available for download via P2P networks.
What is RSS?
RSS is a type of web feed format used to publish frequently-updated works such as blog entries, news headlines, audios, or videos.
Please ensure that the Download Station has been installed and enabled in the App Center (QTS 4.1 or later versions only).
1. You can drag and drop BT/PT files from your PC to the Download Station or click the “+” button to add BT/PT files or multiple URLs (HTTP/FTP/Magnet link /FlashGet/Thunder/QQDL).
2. You can search for BT files using the BT search function to add download tasks.
3. Click “RSS” on the left-side panel to add RSS feeds. The Download Station will load all of the RSS feeds for you to choose and download.
4. When creating tasks, users can save files to any folder as long as they have access permissions. Before the download task is completed, the files will be saved in a temporary folder and use “dsdownload” as extension name. Once the download is finished, the files will recover their original extension name and will be moved to the chosen destination folder.
5. Download Station prioritizes downloads based on when they were added to the list. To change the priority, right-click on the task and chose Priority in the pup up menu to change the download order.
- The maximum number of concurrent downloads for an x86-based NAS is 60 (30 BT/PT downloads, 30 HTTP+FTP downloads)
- The maximum number of concurrent downloads for an ARM-based NAS is 20 (10 BT/PT downloads, 10 HTTP+FTP downloads)
- The ability to drag and drop BT files from your PC to the Download Station is only supported by Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
You can select a BT file and click “Edit Downloads” in the right-side panel to add BT files or to stop downloads.
To limit Download Station's bandwidth usage, go to “Settings” > “HTTP”, “FTP”, or “BT” > “Bandwidth Limit”.
To schedule file downloads for a specific time period, go to “Settings” > “Global” > “Download Schedule”. After enabling the download schedule, you can select “Full speed”, “Turn off”, or “Limited” and click your preferred time slots.
Please go to “Settings” > “Global”> “Notification” and enable the “Email” notification function.
1. Go to the App Center and find Download Station 4.2. Set the drop down list item to “Display on every user’s main menu” or “Display on every user’s main menu and as an App shortcut on the login screen”.
2. Go to “Control Panel” > “Privilege Settings” > “Users” > “Application Privilege” to enable Download Station access privileges for general users.