The Download Station (4.0) is a web-based tool for users to subscribe RSS feeds and download files from the Internet using BT, PT, Magnet Link, HTTP/HTTPS, and FTP/FTPS. With the BT Search function, users can easily find BT files to download and make their Turbo NAS a 24/7 download center.
Important: The Download Station is provided for downloading authorized files only. Downloading or distribution of unauthorized materials is against the law and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. Users should be aware of the fact that they are subject to copyright restrictions and responsible for the consequences of their actions.
What is BT?
BT is one of the most common ways for transferring large files through the peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing protocol. A BT file containing the metadata and the tracker of the original files is required for the Download Station to connect other users and download files.
What is Magnet link?
Magnet link is an URL download link, which mainly refers to resources, such as BT files, that are available for download via P2P networks.
What is RSS?
Rich Site Summary (RSS) is a type of web feed format used to publish frequently updated works such as blog entries, news headlines, audios, or videos.
Please make sure that the Download Station has been installed and enabled in the App Center (QTS 4.1 or later versions only)
By default, files downloaded are stored in the [“/Download”] shared folder. This location can be changed in “Settings” > “Global” > “Location of Downloaded Files”.
1. You can drag and drop BT/PT files from your PC to the Download Station or click the “+” button to add BT/PT files or multiple URLs (HTTP/FTP/Magnet link.)
2. You can search BT files using the BT search function to add download tasks.
3. Click “RSS” in the left-side panel to add RSS feeds. The Download Station will load all RSS feeds for you to choose and download.
- The maximum number of concurrent downloads for an Intel-based NAS is 60 (30 BT/PT downloads, 30 HTTP+FTP downloads)
- The maximum number of concurrent downloads for an ARM-based NAS is 20 (10 BT/PT downloads, 10 HTTP+FTP downloads)
- The operations to drag and drop BT files from your PC to the Download Station are supported only in Chrome and Firefox.
You can select a BT file and click “Edit Downloads” in the right-side panel to add the BT files or stop the downloads.
To limit the bandwidth usage of the Download Station, please go to “Settings” > “HTTP”, “FTP”, or “BT” > “Bandwidth Limit”.
To schedule file downloads at a specific time period, please go to “Settings” > “Global” > “Download Schedule”. After enabling the download schedule, you can select “Full speed”, “Turn off”, or “Limited” and click the time slots that you prefer for the schedule.
Please go to “Settings” > “Global”> “Notification” and enable the “email” notification function.