Qfinder Pro is a utility that allows you to quickly search and manage your NAS under the same network. Qfinder Pro supports Microsoft Windows, Mac OSX, Linux, and Google Chrome OS.
- Download and install Qfinder Pro
- Search and connect to a NAS via Qfinder Pro
- Change NAS settings via Qfinder Pro
- Update NAS firmware via Qfinder Pro
- Mount NAS folders in Windows File Explorer via Qfinder Pro
Go to the QNAP website and download Qfinder Pro for your operating system:
- Follow the instructions to install Qfinder Pro.
- Open Qfinder Pro then it will automatically search for QNAP NAS in the same network. If you cannot find you NAS, please ensure that your computer is on the same network as your NAS.
- Find the NAS you want to connect to, and double click on it to connect via web browser. Check the MAC address to ensure the NAS on the list is yours.
- Choose a NAS then click “Settings” > “General Settings”.
- Enter your username and password to log into the settings page.
- Choose a NAS then click “Tools” > “Update Firmware”.
- Enter your username and password to log into the firmware update page.
- Choose “Path of system firmware image file” to use a pre-downloaded firmware, or choose “Automatically update the firmware to the latest version” to let Qfinder Pro download the latest firmware from the QNAP website.
- Select “Start” to start updating.
You can use Storage Plug & Connect to mount NAS folders on Windows File Explorer, allowing you to saves time from having to log into QTS to access files. Please note: Storage Plug & Connect currently only supports the Windows version of Qfinder Pro.
- Select a NAS, go to “Connect” > “Storage Plug & Connect” then log into the NAS.
- You can see all the folders after logging in. Double click on a folder to open “Map a network drive”, and click “OK” to mount that folder.
- Then you can see the mounted folder in Windows File Explorer.
- Alternatively, you can also mount an iSCSI drive through Qfinder Pro Windows. Select (or create) an iSCSI drive, double click on it, enter the preference settings, and click “OK” to mount.