The status "Read/Delete" means data on the volume can be read and deleted only. You cannot modify existing data or write new data to the volume.
A thick volume with snapshsots or thin volume changes status to "Read/Delete" when its parent storage pool is full. The volume will return to full read-write status automatically when QTS detects that there is sufficient free storage pool space.
To free up space in a storage pool:
- Delete unwanted snapshots, and reduce guaranteed snapshot space if it is enabled.
- Perform a space reclaim on thin volumes.
- Delete unwanted files on the "Read/Delete" volume or other thin volumes. Ensure that the files are permanently deleted and not in the network recycle bin or snapshots, then perform a space reclaim on thin volumes.
- Expand the storage pool using free drives or by adding an expansion unit.
- Convert thick volumes to thin volumes.
- Delete unwanted volumes and LUNs.