- Amazon S3
- Microsoft Azure
In addition to USB/eSATA external storage devices or remote servers, QNAP Turbo NAS also supports various third party cloud storage services as the backup destination, securing critical data with an additional off-site copy. Choosing a proper third party cloud storage backup service protects the QNAP NAS against unexpected data loss and allows convenient disaster recovery.
Scheduled and real-time backup options are provided to meet administration's needs. Data can be easily restored in the event of local file loss or corruption. This greatly ensures data availability.
Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service) is an online storage web service provided by Amazon Web Services. QNAP Turbo NAS supports Amazon S3 to allow users to back up the data from the NAS to Amazon S3, or download the data from Amazon S3 to the NAS anytime. Users can also create scheduled replication jobs for daily, weekly, or monthly backup.
- Application Notes: How to Use Amazon S3 with QNAP Turbo NAS
- Amazon S3 website: http://aws.amazon.com/s3/
ElephantDrive is a service which allows users to perform scheduled and real-time data backup from the QNAP Turbo NAS to ElephantDrive cloud storage. Users can manage the backup tasks and restore the data to the NAS via the web-based management interface (http://www.elephantdrive.com/qnap/).
- Back up an unlimited number of desktops or servers
- Access your data from any computer with Internet access
- Protect your data with AES 256-bit military grade encryption
- Share your files with friends, family, coworkers or clients
- Rest assured your data is safely stored in multiple geographic locations
- Schedule your backups to occur weekly daily, hourly or continuously
ElephantDrive supports file sharing and versioning. Users can share data securely with anyone and access the files from anywhere over the Internet. Check out the ElephantDrive tutorials to learn how to share files, manage file versioning and archiving preferences, and access the files remotely!
- ElephantDrive tutorial: https://vault.elephantdrive.com/help/tutorials/default.aspx
- Application Notes: Continuous Data Protection on QNAP NAS with ElephantDrive
- Register for free: http://www.elephantdrive.com/qnap/
Symform provides revolutionary and secure cloud storage for all your digital stuff. Start with 10 GB free and then earn unlimited free cloud storage when you contribute local drive space to the distributed network. With Symform, users can get free cloud backup for their QNAP Turbo NAS. (www.symform.com/qnap)
Secure: Patented RAID 96 secure cloud storage includes AES-256 bit encryption, data fragmentation, and global distribution.
- Fast: Peer-to-peer storage technology uses parallel connections for fast file sync and restore
- Affordable: Unlimited storage for free when users contribute to the cloud. Supplement free space with affordable cloud storage pricing.
- Reliable: 99.9% uptime, SSAE 16 compliance.
- Universal Access: Sync your QNAP device to cloud for offsite backup and synchronize data across multiple QNAP Turbo NAS or other devices via the Symform cloud for anywhere access and instant restore. Access files on the go via the Symform web app as well as iOS and Android mobile apps.
Start now and get 10GB FREE cloud storage or contribute to get all your cloud storage for FREE. Go to the Turbo NAS web administration page, click on Cloud Backup and select the Symform Tab to install and get started.
Learn more about how Symform works.
Microsoft Azure provides scalable, durable cloud storage, backup, and recovery solutions for any Turbo NAS data, big and small. It works with the infrastructure you already have to cost-effectively enhance your business continuity strategy as well as provide storage required by your cloud applications including unstructured text or binary data such as video, audio and images.
Available in eight regions worldwide, Microsoft Azure Storage provides secure and reliable storage for your needs, and its geo- replication provides redundancy of your data across regions to ensure access to your data in the event of a local disaster. With the global availability of Azure, you can choose where to keep your data and scale up or across data centers. Pay only for what you use as Azure provides cost-effective storage across the globe.
- About Microsoft Azure: http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/solutions/storage-backup-recovery/?l=en-us