QNAP NAS as a backup destination
The QNAP NAS provides large storage capacity with excellent file transfer performance. The NAS is an ideal network-based backup solution for PCs and servers.
- Back up Windows PC with NetBak Replicator 4
QNAP’s backup utility NetBak Replicator 4 helps you back up files from Windows PC disk drives, documents, pictures, music, videos, fonts, emails, and more to one or multiple QNAP NAS servers on the network, encrypted external hard drives, and even personal cloud storage using MyCloudNAS service. NetBak Replicator 4 supports snapshot for consistent backup and allows users to back up open files without closing the applications. You can also execute real-time data synchronization and scheduled backup from multiple PCs, and also restore the data to the original location or a new directory. The software is license-free and there is no user account limit.
Netbak Replicator 4 features:
- Simple mode or advanced mode for easy backup
- Instant backup and restore
- Auto-backup for real-time file synchronization
- File filter settings
- Multiple backup schedules
- Back up open files with VSS (snapshot technology for consistent backup)
- Support various backup destinations (NAS, FTP, WebDAV, MyCloudNAS)
- Support multiple destinations for scheduled backup
- Data backup to standard external USB storage devices and USB memory stick
- External storage device encryption
- Email notifications upon backup completion
- Compatible with third-party backup software
For IT people who are looking for an affordable, high-performance backup storage with large capacity, QNAP NAS provides a great alternative for tape replacement. Several well-known backup tools, such as Veeam, Acronis True Image, CA BrightStor ARCserve Backup, EMC Retrospect, Symantec Backup Exec, LaCie SilverKeeper and so on, have been verified as compatible with QNAP NAS servers. The IT administrators can back up data to QNAP NAS with their backup software.
- High-speed backup to reduce backup time
- Enhanced productivity
- Multiple standard protocols are supported, e.g. SMB/CIFS, NFS, iSCSI
- Advanced RAID to protect the data
- Compatible with various backup software
- Easy to deploy and maintain
- Easy to retrieve and restore data
- USB One Touch Copy
You can connect your USB device, such as digital camera, digital camcorder, or USB disk to the front panel USB port of the NAS and back up the data from the USB device to the NAS by pressing the USB one-touch-copy button.
- Convenient data import to or export from the NAS
- Instant data copy without accessing the web-based interface
- 3rd Party Cloud Storage Backup
In addition to USB/eSATA external storage devices or remote servers, QNAP Turbo NAS also supports various third party cloud storage services as the backup destination, securing critical data with an additional off-site copy. Choosing a proper third party cloud storage backup service protects the QNAP NAS against unexpected data loss and allows convenient disaster recovery. Scheduled and real-time backup options are provided to meet administration's needs. Data can be easily restored in the event of local file loss or corruption. This greatly ensures data availability.
- More backup options are available
QNAP NAS provides additional backup options. You can use the real-time remote replication (RTRR) feature to synchronize the data to a remote NAS or an FTP server in real time, back up data to another Rsync server by instant or scheduled remote replication.